untitled

I can't even imagine what a good life, for me, would look like. Work and sleep and stare at my phone. Reading. Guitar. I don't like anyone. I'm not interested in anyone anymore. I know I'll die in obscurity and the path between this day and the last day seems like a long, burdensome, disappointing journey.

Why did I have to be born? For what purpose? It's all work and stress except in my unmemorable sleep. The near bliss of near non-existence. A quiet nirvana. I woke up to a hell that begins just beyond my bed. A world full of idiots that are either abusive or abused. And I'm marked with its stench. My hopes and dreams, too, are confined by this pointless mediocrity. There is no one for whom I might play my song, and if there was, there is nothing special about it. There is nothing new under the sun.

Why do we keep breeding and dying? Surely anyone could have figured it out long ago. The Earth is a desert, filled with beasts that gnaw on the flesh of the slower. Each of us carries a graveyard in our bellies. Each of us dies from exposure. Life has every characteristic of a disease that is contagious to those who have no substance, the unborn. It is always terminal. It is always cruel. It is the ceiling that imprisons our highest hopes.

There is an acclimation to it. Each individual disappointment is always temporary, yet it stains each new stage of one's life. You'll never be an astronaut. You won't even be remembered beyond your grandchild, those of us callous enough to have children. This world is a hell and what little good it offers is just enough to keep us trapped in a prison we may freely walk out of. To fatten us up. To dupe us and play to our egos. To encourage us and to propagate us. I swear, only a devil would command that we be fruitful and multiply. What more would a farmer want from his lambs before he led them to slaughter?

If there is a God, this is our punishment for some long forgotten crime against him. May we find comfort in abandonment and compassion in the brotherhood of suffering; we are all forsaken together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus Apocalyptic Prophet notes

Pessimism. (first chapter, rest are TBD)

Brain Washing.